Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My favorite part of Mother's Day wasn't the card, the flowers or the food. Which is a good thing because my family had one of those crazy weekends, and I didn't get a card, or flowers and I cooked my own food! (that's o.k., I totally understand!). It was later that night... Adam was showing Laura and I the tips and tricks that he learned at his Broadway Musical Theatre workshop he attended the day before. There was singing (which I love), Laughing, and general non-sense (we call it road tripping in our family, I will blog about that later). These late night chats are AWESOME! It is hard to explain how much I enjoy my kids now. They are like a crucial part of me, my heart and my soul, and my best friends. The love a Mother has for her children is so all encompassing. I love them with every fiber of my being, and I know that even now if they were in danger, I would rush to their side like a mama bear.

As the kids were growing up, I would say at every stage, this stage is my favorite. Even though I miss their little hands wrapped around my neck, and their messy faces that they wouldn't let me wash, and even though I am sometimes really sad about my soon to be empty nest, I am so proud and happy with the people that they are. They are so warm and giving and loving! I have the best gift of all! I get to be their MOM! There really isn't anything better than that for Mother's Day!

I know that all Mother's know what I am talking about, and my heart goes out to our friend Patty whose daughter went to live in heaven. This will be one of the first of many firsts to come where she will be celebrating a special day here on earth without her daughter at her side. I can only pray that God will send her the Holy spirit and fill her heart with His love and with Kelly's love. It is the best thing in the world to be a Mom, and it is definitely worth every ounce of pain and worry and gray hair that they may bring. Even having to say goodbye to your child too soon... it would still be worth it all. I pray that just like the pain of childbirth, this pain will be soon soothed and numbed, and the wonderful joy of being a Mom will fill Patty's heart.

Adam and Laura, I love you and am so proud of you!
mommy

2 comments:

Adam said...

Mom
That was a great blog see i told you you'd be a big blogger you are a very important part of my life and you help me so much even if i don't show my appropriation for you as much as I should just know i wouldn't be who i am today without you and dad and i lookup to you guys and appreciate everything you do for me and laura
Love you!!!!

~Tateh

Don said...

Sue,

I just found your blog today. I love your Mother's Day story. I miss seeing you guys and sure wish we were closer so we could see you more often.
God Bless,
Don