Saturday, January 17, 2009

Late New Years Resolutions

I actually started some new goals at the beginning of the school year in Sept. I actually reached one of them, and have a good start on another one. But, I have been 'getting ready' to start on my exercise goal. I have been getting ready, and getting ready, and getting ready. But I haven't actually started. The starting is so difficult for me. I have all the excuses in the world that keep me from starting. I have my health issues that make me so tired all the time and my schedule that keeps me so busy that I can't schedule in time to exercise. Every day I come up with a new plan, a new strategy that doesn't work. I move my alarm clock all the way across the room so that I will get up earlier and go workout before work, only to get out of bed time after time to hit that snooze until it is too late to get to work on time AND get a workout in. I tell myself I will go after work, but once I come home I am so exhausted, that I don't go. One night last week, Adam actually dragged me out of the house (literally dragged me! I didn't know he was that strong!), and I went only to have to leave after a short 20 minute workout due to asthma. It seems that everything is against me starting.

But, I got good news from my doctor. There are two possible reasons for my tiredness, and so I am hopeful that this will be the thing that will give me that extra boost! With hope, I started my exercise regiment today. With hope, I will go again tomorrow. And, I know that once I begin, once I start and get into a routine, it will get easier and easier and I will make it! With hope, I will get new medicine that will give me much needed energy. I have 10 months to train for my marathon! I want to do this so much! For me, For Ross, and For Kelly. Please God, give me the energy and the hope to start! I know that once I get going, I can take it from there!

1 comment:

Ross said...

Glad to see you got back into blogging.

You can do this. Set little incremental goals. A 20 minute workout is 20 times better than no workout.

Habits can be just as hard to start as they are to break.

And remember wisdom from your friend, Jeff the penguin :) "The miracle isn't that I finished, it is that I had the courage to start".

And the wisdom of Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no try".