Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lovely People

Have you ever met someone that just seems to radiate love? To everyone. Not just to their friends and family, but literally everyone they come in contact with gets showered with their light. I have been so blessed and fortunate to meet several people like this. I think I will call them 'lovely' people, for they truly are!

Of course, Kelly (see my husband's blog www.run4kelly.blogspot.com) was one of these people. Actually, her whole family seemed to radiate love out to the ends of the earth. The pastor's wife at my church is another. The entire congregation lines up after the sermon every Sunday to get a hug and smile from Kristen. She is so genuine, so interested in you, makes you feel special, in a word... so lovely. There is a man at work who works in the building maintenance, and he has a smile and laugh for everyone! Once I used to see a man selling newspapers by the side of the road, and I waved and smiled at him everyday! Just seeing him made me happy. He was so lovely!

I know many, many reasons to not show love to everyone. There are people that have hurt me, people that have disappointed me, I have been ignored and humiliated and I KNOW that there are people out in the world that could hurt me again! But, I don't want them to be able to take my love away from the world. Because I can't think of a single other thing that would have a greater impact than having more lovely people in the world. Just think of what life would be like if most of the people that you meet have that same loving light about them!

I have made and broken probably hundreds of resolutions in my life, but this year, I am going to strive to become a LOVELY person! What would the world look like if more people became a beacon of love? I imagine that that is what heaven is like, everyone fully expressing their love freely! Will you join me? Become a beacon of LOVE in the world! God will help! I am sure of it!

1 comment:

Ross said...

Sue,

That is a great possibility!!!

The only problem is when will you find time to hug your poor husband?

Seriously, I love the thought and it would make a huge impact.

Love you!