Thursday, October 2, 2008

Amazing Grace

Last Sunday at church the praise team sang Amazing Grace. This song always makes me cry! I remember one day when Adam was still in middle school we were driving to his Young Voices of America Choir rehearsal. They were doing this song, in a different way than I had ever heard. Adam was singing it to me in the car, and I just started bawling! His voice was so pure, so full of innocence and well... it just got me. I told him that he needed to sing this song for me at my funeral.
Of course, now he won't sing for me at all, making this memory so much more precious!

For those of you who don't know, this poem was written by John Newton, and here is his story!
amazing grace story

It is very inspirational and I think I will always cry when hearing this song!

I too was lost and now am found!

Praise God!

1 comment:

Ross said...

I guess you will have to keep you tubing so you can hear Adam sing :)